Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cherry Blossoms






Hotel de Mode fav - that white collar is adorable


Edita Vilkeviciute
Photographed by Camilla Akrans
Numero #116

This shoot is just beautiful. I feel as though this is the perfect shoot to depict Sydney's winter weather today - sunny and warm, yet still cool enough to require long sleeves and closed in shoes. Luckily, I didn't have class today so I got to spend the morning eating bacon and eggs on toast, on the balcony, over looking the ocean with my close friend Amy. Actually, we had the class off the visit the courts for an assignment, but we forgot - small, insignificance detail I say. Back to the shoot now. I love the simple black & grey wool pieces and the socks with pumps, combined with the sun-kissed hair. The looks are perfect for autumn or the end of winter. As for the cherry blossoms, they are in bloom all over the place in my local area at the moment. They are particularly popular in front of the older houses. They make the perfect centerpiece for a dinner party, with candles underneath, an idea which I have borrowed from magazine editorial on one of Collette Dinnigan's dinner parties I came across a few years back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BECOME A FOLLOWER OF

Hôtel de Mode

It's easy. If you have a google account simply click "Follow with Google Friend Connect" in the sidebar on the right or click "Follow" in the tool bar at the top of the page.

If you don't have a Google account you can still follow using Bloglovin' by clicking on the flashing Eiffel Tower in the sidebar on the right. It only take a few moments.

Followers are greatly appreciated :)