Saturday, September 11, 2010

Gemma Ward

Doll-like beauty, Gemma Ward, is definitely up there with the "It Models" of the decade. She was my favourite model when I was in high school. I had fashion editorial shots of her plastered all over my books and by my desk. She become a popular international model around the same time I became fascinated with fashion editorials. I always thought of her of an alien-like beauty, in a good way of course. Although she has a very unusual look about her, there is something very approachable about her.

Gemma appeared as a guest editor of December 2005 issue of Vogue Australia. To this date it is one of my favourite issues of the magazine. I still have my copy, with lots of missing pages, and cut-out bits.


In 2007 I saw her on Gould St in Bondi Beach while I was checking out the boutiques. She looked fantastic! She was dressed very casual, in a sun dress and sandals, walking along the footpath. She skin was glowing in the sun and I couldn't get over how tall she was. She was even more stunning in real life, without the wonders of magazine air-brushing. 

She starred in the 2008 film "The Black Balloon" alongside Toni Colette, which I watched a couple of years ago. I was really surprised by her acting ability. Definitely worth the watch.


Although, Gemma announced retirement in 2007 after Heath Ledges death and complaints of her weight gain, it is rumoured that she will be returning to the modelling world in 2010. I guess we'll have to wait and see if she makes a comeback. 


Here are some of my favourite shots of Gemma Ward:














Oh Fashion Model/Fashion Gone Rogue/ Vogue Archives/ I Love Gemma Ward

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is fantastic! I just discovered it yesterday and I keep going back to older posts to see what I've missed out on! I live in New York but looking at your blog is better than having to buy the foreign editions of Vogue here and keeping piles in my apartment! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BECOME A FOLLOWER OF

Hôtel de Mode

It's easy. If you have a google account simply click "Follow with Google Friend Connect" in the sidebar on the right or click "Follow" in the tool bar at the top of the page.

If you don't have a Google account you can still follow using Bloglovin' by clicking on the flashing Eiffel Tower in the sidebar on the right. It only take a few moments.

Followers are greatly appreciated :)